After a few weather delays they did get the Arap invite run and done. It was a loaded field in the girls, for 5A just missing Creek and you would have had Pre-State for sure. Rainsberger won in 18:05 which is very quick on a slow course that was very wet and a creek running pretty good from the storm that blew through. THe new Frosh from FOCO was 2nd in approx 18:40 with Lexi Reed taking third. Rainsberger was in full form coming off of a huge summer no doubt and she was really working hard! Monarch won the girls race with FoCo 2nd and they ran full teams. Fairview showed up and Isabel Kennedy finished a strong 6th with Wolff from Arap in 7th....you will see those two continue to move up the ranks as the weeks roll by.....hey its only August. In the boys duel it was Cerake by over a minute in a course record 15:05 (confirmation?)on a course run by some of CO's all-time best. I believe the previous record was like 15:40. The Vista boys won with Arapahoe 2nd and without there #2 runner. Both teams look strong.......
COXCfan... Cerake... in a course record 15:05 (confirmation?)on a course run by some of CO's all-time best. I believe the previous record was like 15:40. .......
@COXCfan I watched Cerake cross @ about 15:10 on my watch and heard another say 15:13. Either way he crushed the course record and ran nearly a minute faster than last year on the same course... WOW
- I don't have official results yet to post, but I did see a photo of the boys results showing Geberkidane's time as 15:12. That should work nicely as a new course record.
- Complete results (as complete as we'll get, anyway) are now posted. Only partial results will exist from FR/SO and JR/SR races due to compressed schedule necessitated by the weather delay.
- @COXCfan when did Bailey Roth drop out??
- I can verify that it is a new course record. It is only the second year we have run the course with that design since a construction project in 2012 forced a change from the course that had been used for years. Cerake set the new course record in 2012 at 16:06 and smashed that record this year with a time of 15:12.
Katie Rainsberger also set a course record for the girls with a time of 18:04.
Congratulations to all of the great individual and team performances, and thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding regarding the weather delay.
- Anyone who has ever hosted a meet knows how complicated it can be, especially when the weather doesn't cooperate. Kudos to the Arapahoe crew for their efforts with the lightning delay.
- I agree. The weather tried, but was not successful in hindering a great meet. Thanks to the whole crew who managed a difficult event.
Did not witness the actual point of departure from the course......lots of places to discreetly bow out.
- Coach Lutz did an outstanding job managing a very challenging situation. Thank you!
- Thanks for the support and positive feedback I've received from numerous coaches and athletes. It was a tough situation and we definitely did our best. I'd like to specifically thank my AD, Steve Sisler, for getting our contingency plan activated.
Having said that, I'd like to make a sincere and public apology to the Columbine Fresh/Soph team. They did not get the correct rescheduling information and did not get to join the open race. They deserve a ton of credit for lining up as a team and running the course on their own. I had a chance to talk with a number of those runners as they crossed the finish line. I apologized for the confusion and commended them for their great competitive spirit. Those runners were extremely understanding and positive about the whole experience. What a great group of athletes. I look forward to seeing them again and wish them all of the best in their training and racing this year and beyond.