Cast your vote for the story of the year!
Here are your options:
1. Jordyn Colter breaks the all-time Colorado girls 800 meter record not once, but twice. Colter ended up with a best time of 2:04.56 and ultimately knocked more than three seconds off the old record, one which had stood for about 20 years.
2. Within a span of about 20 minutes, the Colorado boys all-time 800 meter record falls twice. William Mayhew was first to break the record at 1:50.74. Mayhew's 15 minutes of fame ended, however, when Blake Yount ran 1:50.59
3. Paonia's girls storm 2A for the third consecutive year, accumulating an astonishing total of 132 and a nearly-60-point margin on second-place Lyons.
4. Fountain-Fort Carson's boys dominate everything in sight in 5A. Winning for the second consecutive year and the fourth time in the last six years, Fountain-Fort Carson amassed 94 state meet points, more than doubling the total of the second-place team.
5. Even with a change at the head coach position, Palmer Ridge doubles back to dominate 4A Boys for the second consecutive year.