Everything you need to know about updating your track and field roster for online registration. Right here.
It's very nearly time for the CHSAA-sanctioned outdoor season. For that, of course, you will need to have your roster ready for online registration at some point in the season. All rankings meets in the outdoor season are required to use MileSplit online registration once again this spring. And for that you'll need to have your team roster up-to-date. Here's how you do that:
1. Register as a team admin for your school if you are not already.
Most of you are already registered coaches for your team. If, however, you are not, here are the steps to follow:
1. Register as a MileSplit user (no need to do this again if you are already a registered user). If you need to do this, click on the little person icon in the upper right corner of your screen and fill in the form. It's imperative you provide a working email address that you check regularly. You'll get an activation message shortly (check your spam box if you don't see it in your inbox).
2. Go to your school admin page (Teams/your school) and click on the gray Claim Team button directly below your school name.
3. Fill in the requested information. That will go to MileSplit as an approval request and should be approved within 5 - 10 hours (often much faster). If you do not see that e-mail, check your spam filter. You will get an e-mail indicating you are now a registered team admin, at least as long as you have provided a valid e-mail address.
2. Go to the admin portion of your team page.
While you are logged in, go to your team page. Click on the gray EDIT TEAM button that now appears below your school name. This brings you into Team Admin mode onyour team page.
Driectly below the banner area of the Team Admin page, you will note that one of the tabs at the top of the page is Roster. Click there. This will take you to the roster page where you will find your existing team roster and an Add Athlete menu on the right-hand side.
Please follow these steps:
1. Locate any athletes without years of graduation listed. Click on the edit pencil at the end of the athlete name of any of these athletes, add a year of graduation and save. If this is an athlete who has already graduated, this will remove them from this page and put them on the Alumni page.
2. You can also change the roster status (Active, Hidden) and the roster placement category (Track, Cross, Cross & Track) for any athlete using the edit pencil at the end of the athlete line. If an athlete participates in cross country and not in track, please do NOT make the athlete inactive. Simply change the roster placement to Cross. If an athlete is no longer at your school or no longer participating in either track or cross country, that is when you would want to make them inactive.
3. Next, you will want to add any athletes who are new to your team for the season. To do this, go to the Add Athlete area of the page. When adding athletes, include a first name, last name, gender, and year of graduation. Also indicate the proper roster placement (Track, Cross, or Cross & Track). You will not be able to register the athletes for a meet without a year of graduation, so please include it now. As long as you have new athletes to continue adding, simply keep filling in the information for each new individual and click the Add button each time. Many of you have athletes coming up from middle school who already have a MileSplit profile. If you want to send me a list of athletes whom you think have existing middle school profiles, I will be happy to graduate them to your high school roster (email@example.com).
Congratulations! Your roster is now up-to-date.
Note that the massive roster transfer from Colorado Track XC to Max Preps will happen this weekend. The deadline for entering athletes into your roster and having them transferred for you (as opposed to manually adding them on the Max Preps side as well) is midnight on Friday, March 2. I don't plan to start the transfer at 12:01 AM on Saturday morning, so it's possible that if you update your roster sometime on Saturday those updates get transferred over, but I only make promises about updates that are complete by midnight on Friday.
Please send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions!
Please note: If you find any duplicate athletes (even if one is active and one inactive), please send me an e-mail on those and I will merge those athletes.