Pat Amato Classic 2013
10/05/2013 6:44:10 PM
User
Wow! Those times were amazing! Nice race Emma. These times makes Liberty bell look slow. Keep it going girls, state meet looks to be a fun meet to watch.
Wow! Those times were amazing! Nice race Emma. These times makes Liberty bell look slow. Keep it going girls, state meet looks to be a fun meet to watch.
10/05/2013 11:21:35 PM
User
Course is race track......makes LB look tough! Looks like Monarch had 4 or 5 PR's set?? State course will take care of that! Its the one that matters...gonna be fun.
Course is race track......makes LB look tough! Looks like Monarch had 4 or 5 PR's set?? State course will take care of that! Its the one that matters...gonna be fun.
10/06/2013 10:11:59 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Short or accurate course?
Short or accurate course?
10/06/2013 11:18:49 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@delacepp717 The meet and the course have been around for a long time. The course is accurate. Cool weather and the point in the training cycle when the meet occurs lend to fast times.
@delacepp717
The meet and the course have been around for a long time. The course is accurate. Cool weather and the point in the training cycle when the meet occurs lend to fast times.
10/07/2013 12:22:17 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Last year was our second year at this meet and the second year of incredible times. We, too, questioned the length of the course. So, after the season, we wheeled it. It was spot on!
Last year was our second year at this meet and the second year of incredible times. We, too, questioned the length of the course. So, after the season, we wheeled it. It was spot on!
10/07/2013 10:42:10 AM
Admin
@ebell1961 Erik, I'm curious--what's the course composition between trail (packed hard, I assume), asphalt/concrete, and grass? Are there any measurable hills?
@ebell1961

Erik, I'm curious--what's the course composition between trail (packed hard, I assume), asphalt/concrete, and grass? Are there any measurable hills?
10/07/2013 11:26:06 AM
User
@CoachVersaw I'd guess the course to be 50% concrete/asphalt, 10% grass and 40% trail. There is a small grass hill about 600m from the finish. The course does have natural slope to it...but to call it hilly would be wrong. There was nothing hard packed about the trail, it was muddy and footing was difficult in spots. It's a fast track, but course conditions were better last year.
@CoachVersaw
I'd guess the course to be 50% concrete/asphalt, 10% grass and 40% trail. There is a small grass hill about 600m from the finish. The course does have natural slope to it...but to call it hilly would be wrong. There was nothing hard packed about the trail, it was muddy and footing was difficult in spots. It's a fast track, but course conditions were better last year.
10/07/2013 7:33:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachVersaw I would generally agree with the above assessment with a few exceptions. First, the grass/trail line is somewhat fuzzy in spots. ( a worn "trail" in a grass field..is that grass or trail?) So I would say the grass percentage is a bit higher. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say there is a natural slope. There is a slight down hill at the start (and a slight uphill at the finish) and a small down-up-down-up portion around the 2-mile mark. This part was very muddy. I would say the slope of these is slightly less than the finish at Liberty Bell. The rest of the course is pancake flat. The hill is maybe 5 m total (up a man made grass berm).
@CoachVersaw
I would generally agree with the above assessment with a few exceptions. First, the grass/trail line is somewhat fuzzy in spots. ( a worn "trail" in a grass field..is that grass or trail?) So I would say the grass percentage is a bit higher. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say there is a natural slope. There is a slight down hill at the start (and a slight uphill at the finish) and a small down-up-down-up portion around the 2-mile mark. This part was very muddy. I would say the slope of these is slightly less than the finish at Liberty Bell. The rest of the course is pancake flat. The hill is maybe 5 m total (up a man made grass berm).
04/15/2014 12:38:28 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Hello all, Coach Von Miller here, (one of the head coaches for Northglenn). I looked at this discussion for the first time today and am blown away by all of the positive comments. Coach Thompson and I truly appreciate it! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve our race in 2014. We want to host the best meet possible! Thank you!
Hello all,

Coach Von Miller here, (one of the head coaches for Northglenn). I looked at this discussion for the first time today and am blown away by all of the positive comments. Coach Thompson and I truly appreciate it! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve our race in 2014. We want to host the best meet possible! Thank you!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.