Crested Butte Elk Run
09/30/2018 10:28:17 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
We may or may not see results from the Crested Butte Elk Run. This note has been posted on the event website: [i]2018 Results - Regrettably, we had a serious chip malfunction as chips were installed horizontally rather than vertically on the bibs. As a result, we don't have many times/finish positions. We are doing our best to get as many accurate results as possible posted over the next few days. We are incredibly sorry for this inconvenience and take this situation very seriously. Thank you, Emma & Joe[/i] For me personally, I had no idea that it mattered the way disposable chips were aligned on the bib. Evidently, it does. I can only imagine the consternation when the first race is coming through the finish line and few, if any, of the chips are registering.
We may or may not see results from the Crested Butte Elk Run. This note has been posted on the event website:

2018 Results - Regrettably, we had a serious chip malfunction as chips were installed horizontally rather than vertically on the bibs. As a result, we don't have many times/finish positions. We are doing our best to get as many accurate results as possible posted over the next few days. We are incredibly sorry for this inconvenience and take this situation very seriously. Thank you, Emma & Joe

For me personally, I had no idea that it mattered the way disposable chips were aligned on the bib. Evidently, it does. I can only imagine the consternation when the first race is coming through the finish line and few, if any, of the chips are registering.
10/10/2018 5:28:00 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
The same note is still there. I suspect it's unlikely we'll ever see results from this race.
The same note is still there. I suspect it's unlikely we'll ever see results from this race.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.