Fall track, winter track, and polar bear meets
01/17/2021 5:44:35 PM
Admin
This is a PSA kind of posting. We had a handful of outdoor track meets this fall and likely will see a few more this winter. This presents some problems for the recording and rankings system here at [i]Colorado Track XC[/i] (problems which also afflict the entire MileSplit network). It's possible that a more comprehensive fix comes down the pike at some point, but, for now, I'll be taking any outdoor track performances after August 31 and reprocessing them as polar bear performances. For those not in the know, "polar bear" is the nomenclature common to outdoor winter track in some southeastern states. By classifying them as polar bear, results will at least be recorded with the correct school year. We have had a small handful of polar bear meets in Colorado in the past, but never more than a couple each year. Part of this is a result of some weird schedules that the whole COVID situation has left us with. Part of it is that it was inevitable at some point club track would expand beyond the typical boundaries of summer meets. Results for polar bear meets will be included with the indoor rankings, but will not be included with the outdoor rankings. The line of demarcation between the two will likely be end of February/beginning of March.
This is a PSA kind of posting. We had a handful of outdoor track meets this fall and likely will see a few more this winter.

This presents some problems for the recording and rankings system here at Colorado Track XC (problems which also afflict the entire MileSplit network). It's possible that a more comprehensive fix comes down the pike at some point, but, for now, I'll be taking any outdoor track performances after August 31 and reprocessing them as polar bear performances.

For those not in the know, "polar bear" is the nomenclature common to outdoor winter track in some southeastern states. By classifying them as polar bear, results will at least be recorded with the correct school year. We have had a small handful of polar bear meets in Colorado in the past, but never more than a couple each year.

Part of this is a result of some weird schedules that the whole COVID situation has left us with. Part of it is that it was inevitable at some point club track would expand beyond the typical boundaries of summer meets.

Results for polar bear meets will be included with the indoor rankings, but will not be included with the outdoor rankings. The line of demarcation between the two will likely be end of February/beginning of March.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.