Oatlands race
08/06/2008 3:22:56 AM
Coach
Our school is coming to virginia for the oatlands race. I was wondering how fast the course is?
Our school is coming to virginia for the oatlands race. I was wondering how fast the course is?
08/06/2008 5:49:18 AM
User
The course is not particularly fast. All things being equal, you'll probably be within 30 seconds of your PR. It has three big hills. It starts off with a half mile decent after whichi it is flat for about a half mile (making the first mile pretty quick), then you take on the easiest of the three hills. More flat after that, then a quick down to the first creek crossing. Then more flat which takes you to the first of the two big hills. You immediately come down off that hill to the second creek crossing, and then you're met with the next big hill. It's a bear! But you're rewarded with some relative flat (rolls a little) to the finish. It's an awesome meet. Beautiful setting. DJ! Spectator friendly. Lots of spectators. One of Virginia's XC triple crowns. You won't regret making the trip. What team are you with?
The course is not particularly fast. All things being equal, you'll probably be within 30 seconds of your PR. It has three big hills. It starts off with a half mile decent after whichi it is flat for about a half mile (making the first mile pretty quick), then you take on the easiest of the three hills. More flat after that, then a quick down to the first creek crossing. Then more flat which takes you to the first of the two big hills. You immediately come down off that hill to the second creek crossing, and then you're met with the next big hill. It's a bear! But you're rewarded with some relative flat (rolls a little) to the finish. It's an awesome meet. Beautiful setting. DJ! Spectator friendly. Lots of spectators. One of Virginia's XC triple crowns. You won't regret making the trip.

What team are you with?
08/06/2008 4:27:15 PM
Coach
Most of us will probably PR becuase of the altitude drop.
Most of us will probably PR becuase of the altitude drop.
08/06/2008 5:57:46 PM
User
The first mile is blazing fast. I don't remember how the Varsity A boys ran, but the varsity b boys came through in 4:40 which was almost a mile PR for those two, and Hannah Davidson came through in 5:15. It's deceptive though because it does get much tougher. That burned a lot of people. There are a few videos on this site for subscribers, but they really only show the flat parts of the course anyways. http://va.milesplit.us/videos/tags/2007/07%20Oatlands%20Invite
The first mile is blazing fast. I don't remember how the Varsity A boys ran, but the varsity b boys came through in 4:40 which was almost a mile PR for those two, and Hannah Davidson came through in 5:15. It's deceptive though because it does get much tougher. That burned a lot of people.

There are a few videos on this site for subscribers, but they really only show the flat parts of the course anyways. http://va.milesplit.us/videos/tags/2007/07%20Oatlands%20Invite

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.