It's become a tradition around here to pose 10 questions for State to answer. Here's this season's edition of 10 Questions.
1. With low temps and nice barometric pressure readings forecasted to show up for the first time under the new configuration of the State course, will we see a rash of new top course times? That would seem to be the indication, but it's never reality until the times are recorded.
2. The first couple of races could be particularly chilly. How will the teams and athletes respond?
3. How chafed is Mountain Vista after getting beaten for both 5A team titles last year?
4. 4A Boys is a complete mystery going in. Which team will emerge on top?
5. Another complete mystery is 2A Girls. Which team will stand tall there?
6. Can anyone beat Cole Sprout for the top boys time on the course Saturday? If it matters, Sprout does get to run last.
8. Where will the top freshman times on the course emerge from?
9. Air Academy has a three-year stranglehold on the 4A Girls individual title. The Kadets have a couple of girls potentially in the running for this year's individual title as well. Can the Kadets make it four in a row?
10. With balmy conditions prevailing for the last few years of State, team camps have migrated progressively outside. Will this year's weather tend to bring things back indoors?