The fastest returning girls runners within the Foot Locker Midwest Region for the upcoming 2014 cross country season between the states of Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
The fastest returning boys runners within the Foot Locker Midwest Region for the upcoming 2014 cross country season between the states of Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
Track & field Head Coach Brian Bedard announced the addition of Ryan Baily to the staff Tuesday. Baily will handle head assistant coaching duties, specifically working with the jumpers and multi-event athletes. (via www.csurams.com)
It's been Monarch's region for a few years running, but Morgan Aurich, Lilly Stumb, and Zetta Mason are three examples of why the Coyotes might be sneaking glances back over their shoulders this fall. Colorado Track XC file photo by Paul Jaeger.
If you've never used online registration for your meet before, you'd be surprised how much easier it makes things--for everyone.
Ever wonder what people look at most on Colorado Track XC? Well, here's what you looked at most this outdoor track season.
By Kyle Grabowski Herald staff writer (via The Durango Herald)
In the world of 2A Region 3 girls ross country, much could depend this fall on the contributions of Kayli Short and Megan Levine. Colorado Track XC file photos by Paul Jaeger and Alan Versaw.
Most (though not all) of the boys at the front of last year's pack have graduated, but the teams at the front of the pack will ring familiar. Colorado Track XC file photo by Alan Versaw.
Ben Anderson loves distance running. He also wants to be involved in his community. So when he learned that Conifer High School had an opening for a girls cross country coach earlier this year, he knew he would apply for the position. Anderson has since been hired as the Lady Lobos’ girls cross country coach, athletic director Angie Sanders said. He replaces Jeanie Boymel, who served as interim head coach in 2013. Tim LeCount stepped down after the 2012 season. Anderson joins Brian Stotts, the boys head coach. (via www.hightimbertimes.com)
A big part of the Mountain Vista leadership this season falls to senior Tyler Matzke. Colorado Track XC file photo by Alan Versaw.
Two one of the fastest high school girls in United States history found themselves mixing it up with the Kenyans and Ethiopians in the women's 1500 meter finals at the 2014 World Junior Championships between Elise Cranny from Colorado and Alexa Efraimson from Washington. Watch their race video and post-race video interviews.
Watch the United States women go 1-2 in the 100 meter hurdles finals at the World Junior Championships with University of Georgia freshmen Kendell Williams set a new meet record with her 12.89 gold medal victory, while high school senior Dior Hall from Colorado broke a US high school record which lasted since 1979 (Candy Young from Pennsylvania at 12.95) with her 12.92 silver medal finish at Hayward Field.
Regular updates on the performances of Colorado-connected athletes at USATF JOs and World Juniors.
If you're looking for the most dangerous runner in the region who may not already be on your radar screen, Lillian Markusch is one to consider. Colorado Track XC file photo by Alan Versaw.
Kiah Leonard figures to be among those in contention for the regional crown, but can Berthoud eke out a state berth in this powerful region? Colorado Track XC file photo by Paul Jaeger.
- Coach Openings
- Article Comment: 5A Region 5 boys preview: can anyone topple the Mountain?
- Article Comment: Reports from Eugene and Houston (frequently updating)
- Assistant Coach CCU (Volunteer)
- Bailey Roth trims another second off the mark!
- Dior Hall does it!
- Article Comment: NFHS: No more jewelry rule for high school track & field
- Broadmoor Hotel buying Norris Penrose Event Center
- Roosevelt/Mtn.View Track Club All-Comers (Canceled) 2014
- Article Comment: Brady Archer: Mr. Small-School Cross Country
- Roosevelt/Mtn.View Track Club All-Comers (Canceled)
- Salida Zombie Run
- Run for Rwanda
- Never Alone Foundation 5K/Doherty Scrimmage
- Cheyenne Mountain Stampede
- Central Warrior Invitational
- Sterling Cross Country Invitational
- Ponderosa Mustang Stampede
- Arapahoe Warrior Invitational
- Delta Cross Country Invitational
- Gabi Razma to Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Tola Walio to University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Cassandra Grigware to Western State Colorado University
- Molly Klotz to University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Heather Waite to Western State Colorado University
- Steve Simmons to University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Octavia McFadden to Western State Colorado University
- Kendall Cox to Western State Colorado University
- Kyle Lewis to Western State Colorado University
- Elijah Gilbert to Western State Colorado University