Fort Morgan gets a visit from one of the speedier guys in the state in RJ Ramirez on Saturday. Colorado Track XC file photo.
David Messerli has found a new level of racing in his senior year. Colorado Track XC file photo.
Trevor Brown missed a nationals-qualifying mark in the 60 hurdles by the thinnest of margins. Colorado Track XC file photo.
On Thursday, the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) announced the watch list for the most outstanding female collegiate track and field athletes in the nation. The award is given out annually and dubbed the Bowerman Trophy, Western State Colorado University's Barbara Szabo (Sr., Budapest, Hungary), while right outside the top 10, is one of five track and field athletes receiving votes for the award. (via Western State Colorado University)
Most of last year's 2A 3200 field is back this year, and you can expect the front of the field at the first turn this year to look pretty much the same as it did last year. Colorado Track XC file photo.
A short course in uploading your photos to MileSplit!
The first starting gun of the season is a spine-tingling, and sometimes bone-chilling, moment. Colorado Track XC file photo.
Cody Bratten is one of the reasons Valor Christian is in the hunt for their first state track title this spring. Photo by Jeff McCoy.
Niwot closed out a state title last spring with a win in the 4x400. The Cougars are on the prowl again this year. Colorado Track XC file photo.
Although the 4A triple jump has favorites in Peter Greco and Kyree Gerstle-Goodman, be slow to go to sleep on Kahlil James, only a sophmore at Mesa Ridge last spring. Colorado Track XC file photo.
Not only is Jeff Marcus a successful businessman, he is a successful cross country coach.Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Coach Marcus has had an extensive run with cross country. (via www.brushnewstribune.com)
Whether on the football field or on the track, Demetrius Graves is an imposing figure under a full head of steam. Colorado Track XC file photo.
Come join the folks at Western State as they celebrate the official opening of their new field house on March 28!
Publication of heat sheets prior to meets serves multiple useful functions. Read on as we discuss of few of those functions.
Marcel Such has enjoyed one of Colorado's best 2A high school careers ever, and the recruiting attention he got underscores that success. Colorado Track XC file photo.
Chuck Bisbee won't have to learn many new training trails at Colorado Mesa University. Photo by Paul Jaeger.
- Best Front Range track and field venue?
- Article Comment: Honest-to-goodness outdoor meets this weekend... maybe
- RE-1J St. Vrain District Meet - 1 Hour Delayed Start
- Article Comment: Colorado alumni report: February 23 - March 2
- Article Comment: T & F 2014 by event: boys 800 meters
- Alumni Report - Last Weekend
- Article Comment: Marcel Such: winging it to Western
- Article Comment: Heat sheets: what to send and why
- Columbine Invitational 2014
- Article Comment: Chuck Bisbee: the Mavericks take on a steepler
- Devan Foster to Colorado State University
- David Messerli to Western State Colorado University
- Lindsey Kroboth to Colorado State University
- Chuck Bisbee to Colorado Mesa University
- Marcel Such to Western State Colorado University
- Greg Eccher to Colorado Mesa University
- Marissa Storey to Utah Valley University
- Darby Gilfillan to Colorado State University
- Jessica Kleven to Colorado State University
- Jack Robb to Texas Tech University