- Shayna Yon bowed out in the prelims of the 100, posting a time of 11.95 (1.8), good enough for 13th.
- Damajahnee Birch advanced to finals of the 400 hurdles with the #4 time out of prelims in 58.27.
- Jordyn Colter's 4:34.58 1500 was the #10 time in prelims and good enough to advance to finals (which will likely be much faster)
- Haley Showalter threw 151-8 for 11th in the discus competition, one place ahead of Rebecca Finley who also has a Colorado connection.
- Julia Hall and Heide Baron were both in the 55s and missed making finals in the 400, placing 18th and 20th, respectively, in prelims.
- Duane McClurkin was DQd in the 400 prelims with a lane violation.
- Joining McClurkin as a prelims DQ was Trenton Stringari. For Stringari, it was a trail leg violation in the 400 hurdles.
- Things went better for McClurkin in the 200 prelims, as his 21.12 advanced him to finals as the #6 seed.
- Nik Chappee missed the 200 finals with a 21.60. Both Chappee and McClurkin ran in heat one which had a 2.1 wind.
- Haley Showalter scored a third in the hammer throw with a mark of 194-1
- Damajahnee Birch earned a fourth in the finals of the 400 hurdles with a 57.67.
- Ashley Miller finished fourth in the 100 hurdles at 13.22 (0.3)
- Riley Cooney and Megan Wenham finished fifth and seventh in the 3000 steeple with times of 10:40.16 and 10:44.65, respectively.
- Katie Rainsberger took second to Kate Murphy for the second weekend in a row, this time running a 9:11.60 for 3000 meters. I'm still trying to run that down to be sure, but I believe Murphy and Rainsberger ran the #3 and #4 US AT high school outdoor times for that distance (with Lynn Bjorklund having the top two times, dating back all the way to 1975).
- Andrea Willis ended up with a NH in the pole vault.
- Tarynn Sieg finished 14th in the shot put with a 43-1.5
- Duane McClurkin finished fourth in the finals of the 200 with a time of 21.35 (+1.2)
- Jordyn Colter's 4:30.99 1500 closed out the Colorado weekend in sixth place. Like a lot of other events, the oppressive heat probably took something of a toll in this event.
Complete Results, Videos, and Photos