Article Comment: Just Released! Revised 5A/6A State Meet Schedule
02/27/2015 9:51:50 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Is there any thought to allowing throwers/Vaulters to weighing in earlier in the day? If they are waiting until just before their events, and only 30min, that doesn't leave much time for run throughs. I know that there is a lot to get through, but this is a state championship. If a vaulter needs to sweat off some weight, this allows zero time to do so.
Is there any thought to allowing throwers/Vaulters to weighing in earlier in the day? If they are waiting until just before their events, and only 30min, that doesn't leave much time for run throughs. I know that there is a lot to get through, but this is a state championship. If a vaulter needs to sweat off some weight, this allows zero time to do so.
02/27/2015 5:43:25 PM
Coach
Certification is now 60 min in advance of the scheduled event time.
Certification is now 60 min in advance of the scheduled event time.
02/28/2015 11:35:35 AM
User
They really blew this one. Friday and today are such nice days and just about all the snow is gone. They are calling for snow, rain and ice for next Thursday and Friday. What do they do then?
They really blew this one. Friday and today are such nice days and just about all the snow is gone. They are calling for snow, rain and ice for next Thursday and Friday. What do they do then?
03/03/2015 9:06:19 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
What is the chatter with the snow coming in Wed/Thurs? Would they reschedule for the week of nationals?
What is the chatter with the snow coming in Wed/Thurs? Would they reschedule for the week of nationals?
03/03/2015 9:57:37 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Ed, I can't speak for all school systems, but teams in Fairfax County have essentially been told to travel on Wednesday, before the expected bad weather comes in. I have heard through the grapevine that essentially...the meet is on, and it would become an individual principal's decision not to send a team. It's not a great situation, of course, but realistically, when you've already been delayed once, you're two weeks into the spring season and facility availability is low, you eventually just have to go and hope it works out.
Ed,

I can't speak for all school systems, but teams in Fairfax County have essentially been told to travel on Wednesday, before the expected bad weather comes in. I have heard through the grapevine that essentially...the meet is on, and it would become an individual principal's decision not to send a team.

It's not a great situation, of course, but realistically, when you've already been delayed once, you're two weeks into the spring season and facility availability is low, you eventually just have to go and hope it works out.
03/04/2015 1:00:53 PM
Coach
@CoachDSM Or not go :). Right Matt ? Digger Can we do indoor states and spring states the same weekend? Makes sense now!!
@CoachDSM
Or not go :). Right Matt ?
Digger
Can we do indoor states and spring states the same weekend? Makes sense now!!
03/04/2015 1:17:16 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@lakebrad1 It's pretty ridiculous Bob....I am holding firm to the idea that the VHSL is actually doing the right thing in terms of the weather....but it certainly doesn't make it any easier. Besides drawing out the state meet for winter, we are barely getting to start with spring track too. Crazy....I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it. Mother nature is a crazy old bird, isn't she?!?
@lakebrad1

It's pretty ridiculous Bob....I am holding firm to the idea that the VHSL is actually doing the right thing in terms of the weather....but it certainly doesn't make it any easier.

Besides drawing out the state meet for winter, we are barely getting to start with spring track too. Crazy....I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it. Mother nature is a crazy old bird, isn't she?!?
03/04/2015 1:42:04 PM
Coach
@CoachDSM I'm not questioning vhsl's decision on it, they're trying to keep kids safe. Never an issue with me Mother Nature better make this up to me !! I'll take a nice spring golf (um I mean track) season
@CoachDSM
I'm not questioning vhsl's decision on it, they're trying to keep kids safe. Never an issue with me
Mother Nature better make this up to me !! I'll take a nice spring golf (um I mean track) season
03/04/2015 1:53:19 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@lakebrad1 Even though the VHSL has not had the easiest post-season (ask any wrestling fan), I am not questioning their judgement either. I am always in favor of safety. I am just simply frustrated for frustration sake. There is no one to blame for the weather, but when it keeps foiling your plans, you do start to wonder when/if this is going to get done. I am also looking for payback in the spring, and I don't mean 100+ degree weather at states....just clear dry days when we can actually train and compete....and finish when the season says to finish. See you next week.
@lakebrad1

Even though the VHSL has not had the easiest post-season (ask any wrestling fan), I am not questioning their judgement either. I am always in favor of safety. I am just simply frustrated for frustration sake. There is no one to blame for the weather, but when it keeps foiling your plans, you do start to wonder when/if this is going to get done.

I am also looking for payback in the spring, and I don't mean 100+ degree weather at states....just clear dry days when we can actually train and compete....and finish when the season says to finish.

See you next week.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.