ENTRIES CLOSE THURSDAY, APRIL 8TH AT 7PM
Schedule of Events
We are excited that you are interested the 2022 edition of the Frank Woodburn Invitational. This event will be held at Lincoln Parks Stocker Stadium in Grand Junction, Colorado on April 9th. Start time will be 9:00 am. What follows is critical information that you need in order to have a successful event.
This will be a pre-qualification meet. PLEASE be sure to use your state-assigned school name and abbreviation (as found in your CHSAA Bulletin), identify your athletes year-in-school (use 9, 10, 11, or 12), and make sure your athletes names stay consistent for every meet when you enter data onto the Colorado Milesplit website. Errors made in the entering of this data will prevent your results from being accepted by the Max Preps system.
MEET RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Event seeding will take place Friday afternoon.
2. The entry fee is $250 per school.
3. Please mail your entry fee to:
Palisade High School
3679 G Rd.
Palisade, CO 81526
Attn: Frank Woodburn Track Meet
4. Each school will be allowed (3) entries per event and one relay team.
5. Heats and flights will be seeded from entry information.
6. Shot put and discus will be flighted from entry marks reported with the top eight placing. There will be 3 preliminary throws with the top 9 throwers advancing to the final round, receiving 3 more throws. Long and Triple jumpers will also be flighted with 3 preliminary jumps with the top 9 jumpers advancing to the final round, receiving 3 more jumps. There will be minimum distances to earn a measure. If an athlete has not thrown or jumped the minimum distance, their last attempt will be measured. Minimum distances will be determined by the median entry marks per event.
7. All races on the track will be finals with the top eight placing.
8. There will not be a Pole Vault competition
9. Colorado High School Activities Association rules will apply to this meet.
10. Girls 100m hurdles height will be 33 inches. Boys 300m hurdles will be 36 inches.
11. Girls 800m medley relay will be 100-100-200-400, and all runners may use the acceleration zones, and the 400m runner may cut to the pole.
12. 4x200 meter relays will be run in lanes all the way. 4x400 meter relays will be run with a 3-turn stagger.
13. Coaches, your help with the following items will be greatly appreciated:
contestants are to enter the track at the SOUTH gate on the EAST straight
warm-up on the WEST side of the field
do not cross runways or jump pits
EXIT at the SOUTH gate after competing.
only 1/4" spikes will be allowed on the track
NON-COMPETITORS will not be allowed on the infield; coaches, fans, and those athletes not warming up must remain in the stands.
Coaches please make sure that you have emphasized the jewelry, and uniform rules with you team.
14. AWARDS: Coaches award packets will be available in the locker room at the conclusion of the meet. We will score eight places in each event.
15. Coaches meeting: Saturday at 8:30a.m.
16. Coaches, remind your athletes that cell phones and electronic devices are not allowed on the infield. Remind them that picture taking during competition and showing athletes as they participate is illegal and grounds for immediate disqualification.